Son Declares Himself Fit For World Cup After Eye Socket Fracture

 Son Heung-min, a star for South Korea, assuaged worries that he would miss the World Cup on Wednesday by telling his supporters that he "can't wait to represent our beautiful country" in Qatar.

When Tottenham defeated Marseille 2-1 last week in the Champions League, the attacker suffered an eye socket fracture that required surgery.

On November 24, South Korea takes on Uruguay to start their World Cup campaign. They then play Ghana and Portugal in Group H. "Hello to everybody. I just wanted to take a second to express my gratitude for everyone's supportive words that I have received over the past week.

I've read a ton of them and I genuinely, sincerely thank you all. You gave me a lot of support during a trying time!" Son made a post on his Instagram account.

"Many young people, including myself, have the desire of representing your nation at a World Cup. I wouldn't trade this for anything. I'm eager to represent our lovely nation; I'll see you soon." 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post